Pages

Thursday 14 February 2013

2012 MSC Melody Cruise & Italy & France



2012 MSC Melody Cruise & Italy & France

Part 11 - Section 1

Turin to Paris – 14 March 2012

Pretty excited from my side as here I was on my way to France, new country to explore. Had a long train trip from Turin to Paris and then change of train from Paris to Poitiers.


My time of arrival in Poitiers was 16h00.

The trip through the  mountains was awesome – peaks were covered in snow and at one stage the snow was right up to the tracks – once we were across the border and had passed through the mountain range – the TGV picked up speed and the rest of the trip to Paris became a blur as the countryside sped past.









I must admit that closer I got to Paris Gare Lyon the more nervous I became, had to figure out how to get to Paris Montparnasse.

Not an easy task if you have difficulty speaking French and you cannot pronounce the stations name correctly – but believe it or not managed to get my connecting train to Poitiers. 

All I can remember was seeing the Eiffel Tower in the hazy distance as the taxi sped me towards Montparnasse. I wondered if I would have the opportunity of seeing Paris later on my trip.

Arrived in Poitiers late afternoon and then off to a beautiful home amongst the farmland, where I would be for the next week.














I must admit it was nice to be in one place for a long length of time and to be able to unwind and relax once again after my hectic one nighters from Genoa to Poitiers.

Over the next few days I was to experience some wonderful old churches and villages – and a few awesome Chateau’s along the way.




















































Fly to Cape Town on the 23rd March 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment