Pages

Wednesday 13 February 2013

2012 MSC Melody Cruise & Italy & France



2012 MSC Melody Cruise & Italy & France

Part 10

Turin 13th March 2012



“Turin is a city and major business and cultural centre in northern Italy, capital of the Piedmont region, located mainly on the left bank of the Po River, in front of Susa Valley and surrounded by the western Alpine arch”


I was pretty exhausted by the time I arrived in Turin and just wanted to get to my hotel and settle in.
The intention was always to use Turin as a stopover to catch my train to Paris the following morning. Arrived early morning and realised my hotel was not so close by to the station Porta Nuova, so organised a taxi – I was ripped off I reckon – as he went the long way round – won’t catch me next time.

I also realised that the train station Porta Susa was actually not walking distance from my hotel.



I quickly realised that I certainly did not do my homework on Turin.

So landed up way down the River Po, far from all the tourism attractions, but none the less went for a walk along the Po River until Corso Vittorio Emanuele II.


























If  I had just gone further along the Po until via Po, I would have come out at the Turin Cathedral and the rest of all the tourist attractions.

I was a little disappointed of what I managed to see of Turin – maybe next time I will get the hotel and timing right.

I think my main concern was to get on that train to Paris the following morning, the manager of the hotel I was staying at kindly arranged for his friend to pick me up at 6am the following morning and drove me to Torino Porta Susa.

As usual retired early and was up bright and early and ready for the next part of my journey.

Train to Paris from Turin on the 14th March
Fly to Cape Town on the 23rd March 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment