Pages

Friday 8 February 2013

2012 MSC Melody Cruise & Italy & France



2012 MSC Melody Cruise & Italy & France
Part 9

Pisa 11th March & Florence 12th March

My 1 stop 1 night started from the morning I left Genoa until I arrive in Paris on the 14th.




Besides Ships & Planes my one other passion is Trains. So was really looking forward to my train trips through Italy.

I was also looking forward to my viewing of the Tower of Pisa and the Duamo di Pisa.

I was not to be disappointed with the efficiency of the train service in Italy. My train arrived right on time @ 12h52  and I was looking forward to this part of my journey as I had arrived after dark in 2010. Once again I was not disappointed. The view along the coast was awesome – the train hugs the mountainside for part of the journey.

Arrived in Pisa @ 15h07  and headed straight for my B & B – and this where it almost came unstuck – no one at the B & B. Stood for about 30 minutes and rang that door bell, but to no avail. Found a very nice hotel on the next corner – booked myself in and dumped my bags in my room and asked for directions to the Tower and surrounds. Off I went with no time spare. Found what I was looking for rather quickly and spent the rest of my afternoon in and around the Leaning Tower Pisa.
















I was pretty tired and a rather long walk back to my hotel, so headed back. Had to be up very early the next morning to catch my train to Florence. No time to even go out and see what the night life was like in Pisa.













One day I shall return and for a little longer. So much more to see and I want to see more.

Up early the next morning and as I was not restricted to a particular train – I caught the earliest one out of Pisa to Florence.

Arrived in Florence mid-morning and managed to get to my hotel pretty quick, as I was far too early to check in the reception was kind enough to look after my bags until check in time.














So off I went – it was great to have an almost full day to explore.
Everything I wanted to see was very close to my hotel and managed to see as much as I could by checking in time. Had time to have a quick lunch and sample a local beer.

Once checked in – and oh boy was my hotel room awesome – got it right this time – luxury compared to what I had in Genoa & Pisa. But I am not complaining - just saying.

Spent the rest of the afternoon exploring deeper and deeper into the street of Florence and like Rome in 2010 – fell in love with Florence – have to go back.











 














































Headed to the train station and made sure I knew which platform to catch my train to Turin the next morning – and once satisfied that I knew where I was going – headed off to my hotel for a good night’s rest.

Train to Turin @ 08h00.


Turin 13th March
Train to Paris from Turin on the 14th March
Fly to Cape Town on the 23rd March 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment