Pages

Friday 19 July 2013

2013 Baltic Cruise - Part 5



2013 Baltic Cruise – Part 5


Days 5, 6 & 7 



 11th , 12th & 13th May 2013



Distance between Hamburg & Stockholm 926 nautical miles


Two full days at sea which means that there is plenty of time to get to know my way around a new ship and because the MSC Magnifica is so big I was going to need it  - and then we were due to dock in Stockholm.
Always look forward to exploring a new city.


Up bright and early as usual - and just in time to watch as we started to enter the fjord of Stockholm – what a magical sail into the port of Stockholm.


















Scenery was absolutely fantastic with thousands of islets on your way into port.
















































We docked about 3km outside of the city but the walk into town not that bad.














Saw as much as I could before heading back to the ship for lunch – I know you ask why not sample what Stockholm has to offer in the way of food etc


























I prefer to use the utilities at my disposal – ok - so I am a miser - lunch on the ship is free – why waste good money on food when there are trinkets to buy.


The ideas was to do the hop on hop off bus tour and hopefully get to see the rest of Stockholm  - well that was wishful thinking – just my luck to get on the bus going a different route to what I expected.















I reckon on my three and a half hour trip – yep that’s right – 3.5 hours of driving around the modern city – I wanted to see the old city – the longer the trip took the more frustrated I became we were getting closer and closer to the time to board and we not getting any closer to the ship – we made it with 45 minutes to spare – but still not enjoyable at all.


Photographic opportunities were few and far between – all in all a wasted afternoon.
I had myself to blame.

















Oh well next stop Tallinn, Estonia – hope this would be a better stop.
170 nautical miles to Tallinn, Estonia


Due to dock the following morning at 9am.




1 comment:

  1. Love the way you tell a story with your pics - cannot wait for the next episode

    ReplyDelete