Pages

Friday 12 July 2013

2013 Baltic Cruise - Part 4



2013 Baltic Cruise - Part 4


Day 4 -  10th May 2013


Hamburg

The Hamburg on its way to dock at The Hefen City Cruise Terminial.




Today was the day - boarding the MSC Magnifica for my Baltic Cruise.


As I am always up early - off I went to the Altona Cruise Terminal to make sure that she was docking there and not at the Hefen City Cruise Terminal. I was at the right place - MSC flags were up.



Enquired what time was the earliest I could embark and was told from 13h30 and not 18h00 as I was instructed to do so when I booked.



Altona Cruise Terminal
I was on board and settled in by 14h30

My Cabin


Loads of time to explore and not many passengers around so not too crowded – the MSC Magnifica is huge – you must remember the previous two cruises were in the MSC Melody maximum passengers were 1500 – here the max was 2000 more. 


Reception Area

Reception Area

Tiger Bar

Tiger Bar

The Theatre

Reception Area

Photo Shop

Purple Lounge


To be exact the following information is via Wikipedia “The vessel is 293.8 metres (964 ft) long, with a beam of 32.2 metres (106 ft).] The 93,330-gross ton vessel can reach a maximum speed of 23-knot (43 km/h; 26 mph) Magnifica has 1,259 cabins; 2,518 passengers can be carried at double occupancy, while 3,605 can be carried at full capacity. A crew of 1,027 operate the ship and provide for the passengers.





Indoor Pool Area

Indoor Pool Area

Indoor Pool Area


I was on deck 5 the pool deck is on 13 – the basketball and tennis court is on deck 15. No  running up and down stairs on this ship – the lazy would be best – The Lift


Deck 15

Outdoor Pool Area


Outdoor Pool Area

Outdoor Pool Area




We departed at 9pm and instead of turning around and going down the river to the ocean we went up past the waterfront blowing our fog horn all the way and playing Happy Birthday Hamburg with fog horns.



If I had read my programme I would have been more prepared - but did pretty ok for what I was about to experience.








.

Passed the Ms Europa 2 on our way down the Elbe .


We had two full days at sea before we were due to dock in Stockholm on the 13th so would have plenty of time to really get to know my way around the ship

1 comment:

  1. It would appear that you were at the right time at the right place - vids are good - like your one

    ReplyDelete