Pages

Thursday 20 June 2013

2013 Baltic Cruise



2013 Baltic Cruise


 Day 1




 En route to and afternoon in Hamburg



Flew out from Cape Town on Monday afternoon at 1245 – spent the afternoon browsing around OR Tombo International Airport – until my flight on Lufthansa that evening at 7 – nothing else to do really. I rather enjoy watching people at Airports and Train Stations – Fascinating.










Was so looking forward to my flight on the Airbus A380 – always wanted to experience flying in one - but now it had become a reality. It lived up to my all my expectations – she is huge from outside but once you inside then you can really understand the magnitude of this monster of the skies – one cannot complain about there being no leg space – there is plenty for all.  I had a window seat as always and there was plenty of spice between my seat and the side of the aircraft.


Take-off and landing is exceptionally smooth  and when she is at cruising altitude there is hardly any sound at all. I was really impressed.

Landed at Frankfurt the morning of the 7th without incident.  Had a rather long wait at Frankfurt airport and I must admit that I do not like the airport – I don’t know why – maybe it is because it is so huge. It was a tiring wait from 530am until my flight to Hamburg at 10am.

But made it I did – will admit that instead of catching the train into Hamburg I took a cab – I was just too tired to try and figure out what train to catch. So instead of 3 Euro’s it cost me 28 Euros.
Booked into my hotel nice and early – had a nice hot shower – change of clothing and out I was doing my exploration.  Must say that the Altona Cruise terminal is awesome – Cape Town has a lot to catch up with if they want their cruise terminal to be on par with what I had seen so far.




Managed to take some good pics of the terminal and the AIDAmar docking at the terminal – pity as my afternoon was cut short when it started to rain.






Full day of exploring tomorrow - so early to bed – tired anyway – up early in the morning

No comments:

Post a Comment